Hello! My name is Ian. I'm 26.
I have had the incredible privilege to enjoy many things through the course of my career.
I’ve interviewed Jaden Smith, documented Futura 2000 at work on multiple occasions, marketed Stormzy’s first Singapore show, spent a full day at the NIGO ® world-famous Atelier, brought the Ed Banger Records crew to Haidilao at 4am, promoted ASAP Ferg’s debut Asia tour, photographed personal inspirations from Rakim to Jay Electronica, Slash to Dave Chappelle, Gwen Stefani to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, coordinated a press Q&A between José González and a major media conglomerate, picked up an electric keyboard for Jacob Collier, took Pino Palladino teacup and saucer shopping, rescued Jordan Rakei from a nightmare hotel situation, been DJ Maseo’s wake-up call, done tequila shots with Preditah, gone on a Singapore food tour with Lupe Fiasco, showed Nosaj Thing to my favourite chicken rice spot, had Chilli Crab with Kelsey Lu, wine and dined with Yung Bae at a French steakhouse, and took Toro y Moi out to my favourite plant-based restaurant in the city.
• New York City Tunes: Singapore's Ian Lim and the Lomo'Instant Square
• Friendship on Bokeh: Ian Lim and the Petzval 85 Art Lens
• All-access pass: A Singaporean photographer tells us what it’s like to shoot portraits of the biggest names in hip-hop
SELECTED PUBLISHED WORK
Rizzoli New York
• Futura : The Artist's Monograph
The Straits Times
• Niche acts are hot: Boutique concert promoters looking beyond familiar names